Kennedy Catholic High School
“Whether someone needs a ride, a hug, or a person to talk to, [Ruth’s] heart is open to all,” said nominator Sofia Lopez. A student of Latin, Ruth has served as president of the Washington-British Columbia Junior Classical League. She is a member of Seattle’s Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish, where she is active in immigration ministry and has volunteered as a vacation Bible camp counselor.
O’Dea High School
“Sean is a well-rounded student, leader, volunteer and athlete,” said nominator John O’Neill. “He leads by example.” At O’Dea, Sean is a senior house captain and captain of the swim and track and field teams. He is an Eagle Scout and carries a 3.91 GPA. A longtime member of Seattle’s St. Anne Parish, he also serves at the altar as a master of ceremonies at North American Martyrs Parish in Seattle.
In each edition through June, Northwest Catholic will honor students for their achievements and contributions in the classroom, in their extracurricular activities, and in their churches and communities. At the end of the school year, two Students of the Year will be selected to receive $1,000 Northwest Catholic scholarships.
Northwest Catholic - March 2018
- Students of the Month - March 2019
- Fulcrum Foundation seeks donations after snow causes cancellation of gala fundraiser
- Students gain insight into state government during Catholic Schools Day in Olympia
- Student Essay Contest Winners 2019
- St. Madeleine Sophie School receives national recognition for commitment to inclusion