In response to the October 27 shooting that killed 11 people at Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, the Archdiocese of Seattle issued the following statement:
Catholics of the Archdiocese of Seattle offer our love and prayers for members of the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh and for Jewish people throughout the United States. We pray for God’s continued blessing and protection of the Jewish people throughout the world — people we honor as our Mothers and Fathers in Faith. We pray, too, that the Spirit of God will end the evil of anti-semitism, convert hate-filled hearts to God’s own love, and heal broken minds and malevolent spirits in our midst.
- Make each day a gift with the Morning Offering
- Prayer is ‘most powerful weapon’ against racism, priest says at vigil
- Pope at pallium Mass: World needs more prayer, less complaints
- Christians called to intercede for, not condemn, others, pope says
- Crucifix inspires Our Lady of Good Counsel parishioners to pray for vocations