In response to the October 27 shooting that killed 11 people at Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, the Archdiocese of Seattle issued the following statement:
Catholics of the Archdiocese of Seattle offer our love and prayers for members of the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh and for Jewish people throughout the United States. We pray for God’s continued blessing and protection of the Jewish people throughout the world — people we honor as our Mothers and Fathers in Faith. We pray, too, that the Spirit of God will end the evil of anti-semitism, convert hate-filled hearts to God’s own love, and heal broken minds and malevolent spirits in our midst.
- Rosaries made by Battle Ground parishioners keep troops connected to their faith
- As California fires continue to burn, Catholic Charities aids victims
- Pope Francis: ‘A Christian cannot be an anti-Semite’
- Pilgrim Rosary helps Blessed Sacrament families focus their prayer life
- Seattle bishops to lead prayer of repentance and healing