The Washington State Catholic Conference, which represents the state’s bishops on matters of public policy, has produced voter resources, including a webpage and flyer, in advance of the October 8 deadline for online voter registration. The general election is November 6.
“As Catholics, we have an obligation to participate in the democratic process by voting with an informed conscience,” the flyer notes. “While the Catholic Church does not endorse candidates for elected office, it does seek to share Catholic teaching on relevant issues and to encourage Catholics to vote.”
The resources provide brief summaries of the Catholic Church’s positions on issues related to respect for life, poverty, religious freedom, immigration and education/school safety, as well as suggested questions for candidates.
See the flyer below.
- Public Masses may resume ‘as early as this weekend,’ with restrictions
- Catholic churches will reopen when it’s safe to do so, state’s bishops say
- Be courageous witnesses to your faith, Cornerstone participants urged
- Washington State Catholic Conference’s new director shares his vision
- A booster shot for your faith