The World Meeting of Families is in Philadelphia this week, and so is Northwest Catholic's assistant editor, Kevin Birnbaum.
In addition, we'll have local Catholic University of America student Alex Cranstoun's photos and reflections from Pope Francis' visit to D.C., Sept. 23-24.
- Pope has history of defending marriage, but being open to some civil unions
- In new encyclical, pope calls for politics to rediscover its vocation to work for common good
- Building a culture of life
- Weapons must be set aside for peace to flourish, pope says
- Pope at pallium Mass: World needs more prayer, less complaints