Bellarmine Preparatory School
Senior – cross country
A leader on and off the court, Claire contributed to each of Bellarmine’s three consecutive 4A state championships in volleyball, and was team MVP as a senior. A member of Our Lady Star of the Sea Parish in Bremerton, Claire maintains a 3.68 GPA and will attend Washington State University, where she plans to play volleyball and major in engineering.
Seton Catholic College Prep
Senior – football, basketball, soccer
A three-sport team captain, Dylan is a team player, a relentless worker and a respected leader. He holds a 3.6 GPA, has volunteered working with children with special needs at Camp Attitude in Oregon, and serves as an usher at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Vancouver.
Each month, Northwest Catholic will feature two high school Athletes of the Month. These athletes are nominated by their schools and selected by a board with members from CYO athletics, Catholic schools and the Fulcrum Foundation. In June, two of these athletes will be selected as Athletes of the Year and receive $1,000 scholarships. These athletes are chosen based on their achievements on and off the field, and in their communities.
Northwest Catholic - March 2015
- Face coverings, health protocols as students return to Catholic schools
- Vancouver-area schools collect 20,000 pounds of food, essential items
- Fire damages Burien’s St. Bernadette School
- Third-grade cancer survivor’s wish granted: ‘smart’ boards for St. Anthony School
- Northwest Catholic 2019 Students of the Year